Diversity Resources for Students
Diversity in Training
- Ricardo, I. B., & Holden, E. W. (1994). Multicultural training in pediatric and clinical child psychology predoctoral internship programs. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 23, 32-38.
- Diverse opportunities: Where students can find funding and training targeted toward diversity
- Resource Guide for Psychology Graduate Students with Disabilities
- APAGS Resource Guide for Ethnic Minority Graduate Students (PDF, 670KB)
- Includes information on how to obtain training in diversity issues
Mentoring and Diversity
- Abernethy, A. (1999). A mentoring program for underrepresented-minority students at the University of Rochester School of Medicine. Academic Medicine: Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges, 74(4), 356-359.
- Alvarez, A., Blume, A., Cervantes, J., & Thomas, L. (2009). Tapping the wisdom tradition: Essential elements to mentoring students of color. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 40(2), 181-188.
- Daughtry, D., Gibson, J., & Abels, A. (2009). Mentoring students and professionals with disabilities. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 40(2), 201-205.
- McGregor, L. N. (2006). Teaching and mentoring racially and ethnically diverse students. In W. Buskist & S. F. Davis (Eds.), Handbook of the teaching of psychology (pp. 164-169). Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Russell, G., & Horne, S. (2009). Finding equilibrium: Mentoring, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 40(2), 194-200.
- Sedlacek, W., Benjamin, E., Schlosser, L., & Sheu, H. (2007). Mentoring in academia: Considerations for diverse populations. The Blackwell handbook of mentoring: A multiple perspectives approach (pp. 259-280). Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Williams-Nickelson, C. (2009). Mentoring women graduate students: A model for professional psychology. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 40(3), 284-291.
Diversity-Specific Awards and Research Grants
- Financial Aid for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Students
- Human Rights Campaign: Youth and Campus
- Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists
- Psychology Education & Careers Guidebook for College Students of Color
- Searight, H., & Searight, B. (2009). Working with foreign language interpreters: Recommendations for psychological practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 40(5), 444-451.