We invite you to attend the 2020 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC) in Dallas, Texas, from March 19th – 21st. Please use the links on the right side to find information about the schedule, our speakers and workshops, registration, and more!
MISSION OF THE SOCIETY OF PEDIATRIC PSYCHOLOGY ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The SPPAC aims to advance SPP's mission to promote the health and psychological well being of children, youth and their families through science and an evidence-based approach to practice, education, training, advocacy and consultation by:
- Advancing the science of pediatric psychology and related fields through dissemination of cutting edge research; promotion of research that is culturally, ethically and developmentally sensitive and includes diverse populations; and education on evidence-based assessment, intervention, and emerging areas of research, clinical care and policy.
- Providing a forum for individuals at all levels, from students to established investigators and clinicians, to facilitate consultation, collaboration and mentorship.
- Promoting the role and value of pediatric psychology in a changing healthcare environment nationally and internationally.
SPPAC CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES
- To provide up-to-date information on evidence-based practice in pediatric psychology services for children and families.
- To provide a forum for presentation and discussion of current research in pediatric psychology, and how such research informs clinical practice, service delivery, and policy decisions.
- To provide opportunities for productive interaction between and among researchers, practitioners, and trainees.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 1: Submission deadline for ALL Oral and Poster Presentations
- Late November: Notification of acceptance or rejection of submissions
- December 3: Conference registration site opens
- December 3: Hotel sleeping room block opens
- March 19: The conference begins!
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
Conference Hotel: Sheraton Dallas Hotel (link goes to SPP page with more hotel info)
Questions about program content? Contact:
Jessica Fales, PhD
2020 SPPAC Chair
Christopher C. Cushing, PhD
2020 SPPAC Co-Chair
Questions about conference registration or hotel information? Contact:
2020 Conference Planner
The Society of Pediatric Psychology (Division 54 of the American Psychological Association) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Society of Pediatric Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.